- The ABCs of Structured Annuities
These are for clients who want some downside protection, and some upside participation. Read more.
- Family Caregivers Are Getting Younger: Genworth
Challenges include stress, and depression. Read more.
- Respect, Trust and the Growing Senior Market
Your prospects need to understand why what you’re doing matters. Read more.
- What You Think About the Value of Life Is All Wrong
Researchers show why your clients like high-tech cures better than they like exercising and eating right. Read more.
- How to Help Retirees Pick the Right Life Insurance: Hidden Value
For something different: Here’s an article by a planner who thinks some clients should refrain from buying life insurance. Read more.
- Covering the Bases With Life Insurance and College Funding
For families that understand how FIUL works, it can be a great college funding tool. Read more.
- What Policymakers Don’t Get About Couples Who Retire Together
Sometimes, economists point out, husbands and wives have different needs and ideas. Read more.
- 4 Ways Wellness Can Cost Annuity Clients a Fortune
People who control their health risks need to plan for extra years of life. Read more.
- Making Sense of Long-Term Care Planning
If you’re new to this, here’s a place to start. Read more.
- Top 10 Most Puzzling Financial Terms for Americans
It may be shocking that only 16% of Americans have a high level of financial literacy. Read more.
- Sorry, No Room for Your Mom
There’s one little problem with your clients’ LTC plans: LTC services providers are in decline. Read more.
- 529 Plans vs. Roth IRAs: Which Is Better for College Savings?
Mark Kantrowitz, publisher of Savingforcollege.com, explains the differences, but in most cases the winner is clear. Read more.
- New Tax Deduction Might Favor Life Agents Over Retirement Advisors
The IRS is definitely leaning toward lumping actuaries together with actors, doctors and other fancy professionals. Read more.
- For Single Women’s Confidence, Try Annuities
LIMRA has posted survey data showing that annuity use may do more for women’s outlook than for men’s. Read more.
- 5 Factors That May Double Your Chances of Selling a Life Policy
Analysts have sifted LIMRA survey data to find out what closes sales. Read more.
- 3 Top New Life and Annuity Ad Campaigns
New spots from Brighthouse, Lincoln and Symetra could get consumers more interested in the idea of talking to you. Read more.
Social Security Survivor Benefits: Don’t Just Survive, Maximize The extra funds overlooked in survivor benefits can mean the difference between living in poverty and relative comfort for many clients. Read more.
Prepare Your Clients for These 5 Life Events Retirement planning is far from the only component of a robust financial plan. Read more.
- Americans want solutions that can increase income in retirement Half of respondents say they feel that it is “very” or “extremely important” for a product to offer the possibility for income increases over time. Read more.
- MetLife shelves 148-year-old U.S. retail brand for ‘Brighthouse’ The insurer is seeking to give a fresh identity to the U.S. operation that offers annuities and life policies to individuals. Read more.
- Retirement planning for small business owners Your clients who own small businesses may be so focused on day-to-day operations that they are forgetting retirement and succession planning. Here is how you can help. Read more.