- What You Think About the Value of Life Is All Wrong
Researchers show why your clients like high-tech cures better than they like exercising and eating right. Read more.
- How to Help Retirees Pick the Right Life Insurance: Hidden Value
For something different: Here’s an article by a planner who thinks some clients should refrain from buying life insurance. Read more.
- Covering the Bases With Life Insurance and College Funding
For families that understand how FIUL works, it can be a great college funding tool. Read more.
- What Policymakers Don’t Get About Couples Who Retire Together
Sometimes, economists point out, husbands and wives have different needs and ideas. Read more.
- 4 Ways Wellness Can Cost Annuity Clients a Fortune
People who control their health risks need to plan for extra years of life. Read more.
- Making Sense of Long-Term Care Planning
If you’re new to this, here’s a place to start. Read more.
- Top 10 Most Puzzling Financial Terms for Americans
It may be shocking that only 16% of Americans have a high level of financial literacy. Read more.
- For Single Women’s Confidence, Try Annuities
LIMRA has posted survey data showing that annuity use may do more for women’s outlook than for men’s. Read more.
- 5 Factors That May Double Your Chances of Selling a Life Policy
Analysts have sifted LIMRA survey data to find out what closes sales. Read more.
- 3 Top New Life and Annuity Ad Campaigns
New spots from Brighthouse, Lincoln and Symetra could get consumers more interested in the idea of talking to you. Read more.
3 Essential Steps to Getting Out of a Sales Slump Having trouble getting the right people to buy the right annuities? You can fix that. Read more.
5 Mistakes That Could Derail Your Clients’ Retirement About half of U.S. adults have not even tried to estimate how much money they’ll need to retire. Read more.
Life Insurance Can Be a Great Retirement Planning Tool It can protect clients against dying too soon, and it can help solve many other problems. Read more.
Individual Disability Insurance Can Help Family Caregivers A common, but under-used, protection product may be able to do more than you think. Read more.
- Beyond retirement: Prudential makes case for financial wellness Businesses increasingly recognize that financially stressed employees can be a drag on their operations – and the bottom line. Read more.
- DOL rule faces certain death under President-elect Trump The much-maligned rule will likely be killed come January. Read more.
- Using SPIAs as bond replacements in a retirement portfolio Substituting a SPIA for bonds in a retirement portfolio can eliminate or substantially reduce a client’s interest rate risk. Read more.
- 10 things to say now about long-term care insurance Our LTCI Insider columnist says consumers who can buy the product today should. Read more.
- Cash value life insurance makes Harbaugh college football’s top-paid coach This type of deferred compensation alternative appeals to talented leaders and executives. Read more.
- Indexed universal life is now the preferred COLI product The insurance industry is seeing a resurgence in the company-owned life insurance market. With growth comes opportunity. Read more.
- Financial planning that helps families avoid college debt This is how one advisor developed a strategic vision to help parents incorporate the cost of their children’s college education into the family’s comprehensive financial plan. Read more.
- 18 scary retirement statistics These numbers show how frightened Americans are about their retirement readiness. Read more.
- 3 new fears about the long-term care planning gap Lincoln Financial executives hope to see awareness month lead to action month. Read more.
- 5 things you need to know about the future of life insurance The innovation needed to drive industry change is at long last taking root. Read more.
- What women want: Annuitizing retirement assets Women have different needs than their male counterparts when it comes to retirement.
- How to gauge the income tax consequences of an annuity transaction Each of these 15 common annuity transactions has a different income tax implication.
- 10 tips for making the most of your new-client appointments Advisors only have a limited amount of time with each new prospect and must know how to optimize that their time while earning trust and inspiring client confidence.
- Can fixed annuities and rising interest rates coexist? Annuity product innovations aim to stop clients from jumping ship as interest rates rise.
- Life insurance sales growth a priority for banks, credit unions Three in four banks predict that recurring premium life insurance products will be a much larger part of sales.