- Beyond retirement: Prudential makes case for financial wellness Businesses increasingly recognize that financially stressed employees can be a drag on their operations – and the bottom line. Read more.
- DOL rule faces certain death under President-elect Trump The much-maligned rule will likely be killed come January. Read more.
- Using SPIAs as bond replacements in a retirement portfolio Substituting a SPIA for bonds in a retirement portfolio can eliminate or substantially reduce a client’s interest rate risk. Read more.
- 10 things to say now about long-term care insurance Our LTCI Insider columnist says consumers who can buy the product today should. Read more.
- Cash value life insurance makes Harbaugh college football’s top-paid coach This type of deferred compensation alternative appeals to talented leaders and executives. Read more.
- Indexed universal life is now the preferred COLI product The insurance industry is seeing a resurgence in the company-owned life insurance market. With growth comes opportunity. Read more.
- Financial planning that helps families avoid college debt This is how one advisor developed a strategic vision to help parents incorporate the cost of their children’s college education into the family’s comprehensive financial plan. Read more.
- 18 scary retirement statistics These numbers show how frightened Americans are about their retirement readiness. Read more.
- 3 new fears about the long-term care planning gap Lincoln Financial executives hope to see awareness month lead to action month. Read more.
- 5 things you need to know about the future of life insurance The innovation needed to drive industry change is at long last taking root. Read more.
- What women want: Annuitizing retirement assets Women have different needs than their male counterparts when it comes to retirement.
- How to gauge the income tax consequences of an annuity transaction Each of these 15 common annuity transactions has a different income tax implication.
- 10 tips for making the most of your new-client appointments Advisors only have a limited amount of time with each new prospect and must know how to optimize that their time while earning trust and inspiring client confidence.
- Can fixed annuities and rising interest rates coexist? Annuity product innovations aim to stop clients from jumping ship as interest rates rise.
- Life insurance sales growth a priority for banks, credit unions Three in four banks predict that recurring premium life insurance products will be a much larger part of sales.
Aug 17, 2015 | By Marlene Y. Satter
Total IRA assets will likely reach $11.7 trillion by the year 2020, according to new research from Cerulli Associates.
The report, “Evolution of the Retirement Investor 2015,” looked at the following:
- IRA rollovers (traditional, Roth, employer-sponsored)
- retirement income (payout funds, variable annuities with guaranteed withdrawal benefits, target-date funds)
- defined contribution (DC) plan participants
- retail investors (preretiree and retiree)
It also looked at strategies for segmenting and influencing participant behavior.
- How keeping a good paper trail protects you and your clients Good communication is good compliance, and good compliance demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Here’s what young advisors really think about selling insurance Gen X and Gen Y advisors are reporting high levels of job satisfaction due to a number of factors.
- A retirement income strategy every advisor must know: Systematic withdrawals If there were such a thing as a “default” income planning strategy, systematic withdrawals might be it.
- LTCI: The new crop Carriers are coming up with ways to make coverage more affordable.
- Know your value
Have you brought value to your clients? Stay in touch so they’ll remember and want to share you with others.
- Securing the appointment: the value of a good script
When setting an appointment with a new prospect, it is critical to come across in a professional manner.
- 9 ways to reach clients in a big city
How do you compete in an over-prospected market? Join these 9 groups and start networking.
- 3 insights to help foreign national clients who own U.S. property
Life insurance is one solution that can help protect non-resident homeowners from possible U.S. estate tax exposure.
- Are you qualified?
Questions aren’t always objections. Recognize that your prospects may simply be trying to qualify you.
- How to aggregate IRAs
Planning for large balance IRAs offers the possibility of using the after-tax distribution payouts as annual premiums for life insurance or LTCI policies.
- 2015 tax cheat sheet for advisors and their clients
The tax items for tax year 2015 of greatest interest to most taxpayers include these dollar amounts.
- Working with the affluent retiree market
If your goal for 2015 is to add fewer, but wealthier retirement planning clients, you have to read these tips.
- Giving to get: The secret to landing high-net-worth clients
Here is a five-step action plan that you can use to get in front of wealthy, philanthropic leaders in your community.
- 3 surefire ways to earn a prospect’s trust
You won’t get far in sales without your prospects’ trust. Here are some simple tips for earning it.