- What You Think About the Value of Life Is All Wrong
Researchers show why your clients like high-tech cures better than they like exercising and eating right. Read more.
- How to Help Retirees Pick the Right Life Insurance: Hidden Value
For something different: Here’s an article by a planner who thinks some clients should refrain from buying life insurance. Read more.
- Covering the Bases With Life Insurance and College Funding
For families that understand how FIUL works, it can be a great college funding tool. Read more.
- What Policymakers Don’t Get About Couples Who Retire Together
Sometimes, economists point out, husbands and wives have different needs and ideas. Read more.
- 4 Ways Wellness Can Cost Annuity Clients a Fortune
People who control their health risks need to plan for extra years of life. Read more.
- Making Sense of Long-Term Care Planning
If you’re new to this, here’s a place to start. Read more.
- Top 10 Most Puzzling Financial Terms for Americans
It may be shocking that only 16% of Americans have a high level of financial literacy. Read more.
- Sorry, No Room for Your Mom
There’s one little problem with your clients’ LTC plans: LTC services providers are in decline. Read more.
- 529 Plans vs. Roth IRAs: Which Is Better for College Savings?
Mark Kantrowitz, publisher of Savingforcollege.com, explains the differences, but in most cases the winner is clear. Read more.
- New Tax Deduction Might Favor Life Agents Over Retirement Advisors
The IRS is definitely leaning toward lumping actuaries together with actors, doctors and other fancy professionals. Read more.
Social Security Survivor Benefits: Don’t Just Survive, Maximize The extra funds overlooked in survivor benefits can mean the difference between living in poverty and relative comfort for many clients. Read more.
Prepare Your Clients for These 5 Life Events Retirement planning is far from the only component of a robust financial plan. Read more.
Oct 04, 2016 | By Rod Rishel
On the heels of last month’s Life Insurance Awareness Month, there’s no better time to consider solutions for the most pressing needs of baby boomers, one of the most populous generations in America.
These consumers, born between 1946 and 1964, are on the precipice of retirement, if not retired already, and many are challenged with planning for future health care costs. Life insurance with a chronic illness (CI) living benefit rider may be the perfect financial solution for long-term care needs. However, not all boomers understand how CI riders differ from long-term care insurance (LTCI) or how recent innovation has impacted CI rider designs.
- What women want: Annuitizing retirement assets Women have different needs than their male counterparts when it comes to retirement.
- How to gauge the income tax consequences of an annuity transaction Each of these 15 common annuity transactions has a different income tax implication.
- 10 tips for making the most of your new-client appointments Advisors only have a limited amount of time with each new prospect and must know how to optimize that their time while earning trust and inspiring client confidence.
- Can fixed annuities and rising interest rates coexist? Annuity product innovations aim to stop clients from jumping ship as interest rates rise.
- Life insurance sales growth a priority for banks, credit unions Three in four banks predict that recurring premium life insurance products will be a much larger part of sales.
- Know your value
Have you brought value to your clients? Stay in touch so they’ll remember and want to share you with others.
- Securing the appointment: the value of a good script
When setting an appointment with a new prospect, it is critical to come across in a professional manner.
- 9 ways to reach clients in a big city
How do you compete in an over-prospected market? Join these 9 groups and start networking.
- 3 insights to help foreign national clients who own U.S. property
Life insurance is one solution that can help protect non-resident homeowners from possible U.S. estate tax exposure.
- Are you qualified?
Questions aren’t always objections. Recognize that your prospects may simply be trying to qualify you.
- How to aggregate IRAs
Planning for large balance IRAs offers the possibility of using the after-tax distribution payouts as annual premiums for life insurance or LTCI policies.
- 2015 tax cheat sheet for advisors and their clients
The tax items for tax year 2015 of greatest interest to most taxpayers include these dollar amounts.
- Working with the affluent retiree market
If your goal for 2015 is to add fewer, but wealthier retirement planning clients, you have to read these tips.
- Giving to get: The secret to landing high-net-worth clients
Here is a five-step action plan that you can use to get in front of wealthy, philanthropic leaders in your community.
- 3 surefire ways to earn a prospect’s trust
You won’t get far in sales without your prospects’ trust. Here are some simple tips for earning it.
CI protection is more than just a supplement to health insurance — and it’s more important now than ever to your clients and prospects.